Wednesday, March 4, 2009

What's the Matter with Paterson?

It's all over the news that the Governor's approval ratings are in the toilet. For the life of me, I can't figure out why. He's on the right side of every issue I can think of, and he seems to be working hard to get things done in Albany. And for this, people give him lower approval ratings than Spitzer? Than George fucking Pataki? And all because of what? He's the only one willing to talk about raising taxes or cutting the budget?

The Governor's dramatic slide in approval ratings is entirely a creation of the Democratic party apparatus and the media. They should be standing behind someone with so much courage, but instead they're throwing him under the bus. Cretins.

1 comment:

MHJ said...

Unfortunately, Paterson is going to be the scapegoat for all of the state's problems and issues. It is really unfortunate.

I find it hard to believe that Paterson is as incompetent as the media makes him out to be. I could be wrong, but I doubt that someone could get to such a high level in state government and be incompetent.

I hope Paterson can find the fortitude to continue to lead the state out of the financial crisis and help NY emerge stronger.